Grenfell Institute of Technology Australia has policies and procedures in place to ensure that academic support services are made readily available to all domestic and international students to ease the transition into life and study in Australia and to assist them to maintain course progress requirements of the college.
Our qualified trainers and assessors will support you throughout your studies by using available means possible as per our Student Support Policy. The support will include extra classes, extended trainer contact, helping you with appeals, online chat support, Microsoft Teams support, Email Support, answering your questions within classes, providing reasonable adjustments during assessment if the need arises, allowing you 2 free attempts for assessment completions.
Our students are be able to access our facilities (i.e., simulated learning resources, computer lab, extra classes) at no extra cost.
We ensure to provide you with valid & well-explained assessment activities reflecting fairness. Learning and assessment time table will be provided to you during the orientation, specifically guiding you to important milestones. Students will be given helpful feedback for their completed assessments, allowing positive outcomes.
- Free extra classes available online and face to face.
- Free language, literacy and numeracy classes.
- Periodic re-assessment and catch-up classes.
- Free access to BSB and SIT online learning material.
- Free and Unlimited access to our library services.
- Before-class workshop.
- Pre-scheduled academic skills workshops.
- Ad-hoc one-on-one academic support session.
- One-on-one academic consultation
- How to Study – A large directory to study skills websites, including how to study in specific subject areas.
- Study Guides and Strategies – A wide range of skills needed at all stages of student life.
Students are advised to approach their trainers for assessment support, and Student Contact Officers for other support needs.
- Adelaide City Library: 3 Rundle Place, 77-91 Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5000
- State Library of South Australia: North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
- North Adelaide Public Library: 176 Tynte St, North Adelaide SA 5006
- Chilwell Library: North Terrace &, Kintore Ave, Adelaide SA 5000
While all students will have free and unlimited access to internal academic support services, it is acknowledged that in some instances, the support required by the student is beyond the capability of our staff members and more specialized external services are required. Referral to the external services is free of cost to the student. However, students will be advised, prior to engaging external support services, that the use of the external services may attract costs on them.